2.28.2009

Butter Spread

I am a butter person. I love butter. "Butter is better" is my motto. Coming from a culinary background this is what is engrained in us from the beginning. Quality ingredients equals a quality product. But there are times when I don't want to wait for the butter to soften or I forget to put it out for the rolls. So I suck it up and use the spread stuff. Not the same but it does the job in a pinch.

We all know a great way to pinch pennies is to buy in bulk (most of the time).   I look longingly at the value of the big bulk of butter spread thinking, "what a great way to pinch pennies", but I don't want a 3 lb tub of hydrogenated oil sitting on my dinner table.  So I have surpassed it up until now.  I had this realization that I COULD but the big tub but I could transfer part of it into a cute covered crock.  I rarely use the crock but I love it.  Now I have killed multiple birds with one stone!  I got my value, I get to use a serving piece I rarely use and I get spreadable butter-like spread on demand.

No comments: