2.15.2009

Create your own font

If you are a digital scrap-booker, like me, you know how much fun it is to play with fonts.  I have been pining away for my own font.  When I say my own font I mean in my own handwriting.  You can pay for someone to make your handwriting into a font.  But who wants to do that!?   In my insomnia I found the website yourfonts.com.    Here are the answers to some of the questions you may have:

Question
Are the created fonts vector based?
Answer
Yes, the fonts are vector based and thus scalable without loss of quality. The file extension is .ttf, but the generated fonts are in fact OpenType fonts with TrueType based outlines that will work on Windows, Macintosh, and Linux computers.

Question
Is this online font generation service really free?
Answer
The short answer is: YES! The long answer is: Yes, this service is 100% free, no hidden fees and no strings attached.

Question
Can I share and sell my fonts?
Answer
Yes, when you have generated and downloaded a font through our service it is your property.

Question
What happens with the information I upload to YourFonts.com in the Upload Template process?
Answer
The information is used to generate your font. We will never share personal information. If you are concerned about your privacy, please read our privacy policy or contact us.

These answers came from the help section of the website.

I am going to download the template and have my 4 year old write her letters.  I think it would be so sweet to have her handwriting in its infancy!  I am also going to have my mom write a template for me.  I think my mom has great handwriting and I want to preserve it for my girls.

Go check it out and have fun with it!

No comments: